July 29, 2012

USK Symposium - Day Three

The Symposium was only three days, so this was the last day! That morning I was too overwhelmed with affection for my fellow sketchers to take many pictures :) But I had it together enough to sketch some sketchers at the morning talk.


The workshop I took Saturday was by the wonderful Miguel Herranz and Swasky and was called What's Behind an Onion?.

I started out strong with some leftover sexy line from the previous day, but then I lost it a little. Which was actually good because then Miguel & Swasky could use my sketches as examples for what not to do. Just kidding - I appreciate critiques! I was there to learn!


Here Swasky uses his hat to demonstrate a better composition.


Here he wears his hat and uses his hands to make his point.


Finally! My a-ha moment. What's behind an onion, you ask? Layers!

More on day three soon...

No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...