July 22, 2012

USK Symposium - Getting There

Last week (was it just last week?) I went to the Urban Sketchers 3rd International Sketching Symposium in Santo Domingo.

First I made a map! I've never done one of these before, but I was inspired by maps that other Symposium attendees had made.


We had to get up at 3:00 AM to get to the airport before security opened.


I packed so light! That was my only suitcase.

I sketched some people in the Atlanta airport. The guy on the far right sat right behind us and talked the ENTIRE way to Santo Domingo.


 Obligatory airplane sketch.


I went to the meeting at the Centro Cultural de España for staff and instructors because I am on the staff! After that I desperately needed a nap because of the whole getting-up-at-3:00-AM thing.


We went to the Portrait Party at Quintana, but got there late and it was packed! We just needed to eat, though, so we went to a restaurant on the Plaza de España called Harry's where I accidentally ordered a steak. It was delicious.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi nice blog . I invite you to join my blog . http://watercoloreando .blogspot.com
regards

memi said...

I love your story and the way that you integrate your written word and pictures, Elizabeth. Great to meet you!

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

Thanks to you both! Nice to meet y'all!

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...