July 29, 2012

USK Symposium - Day Three, Part Two

The afternoon of the last day was occupied with the 36th World Wide SketchCrawl, which we all participated in at Parque Colón. We took over the whole already full park. Locals were hanging out, taking pictures, messing with pigeons, and we were all there to sketch them.


I picked a spot under a tree and sat for maybe two hours working on this sketch and the sketch below. I had so much fun making the thumbnails and then working them out in larger sketches.




And drawing pigeons!



This one I got up and moved around a bit. But not much. There was so much happening and I just wanted to sketch everything.


Late in the afternoon we all came together in front of the cathedral to take our "family photo."


  
Here we all are!

(photo by Laurel Holmes, I believe)




And here we all are again, in the next three photos, gathered at the Museo de las Casas Reales at the closing reception, about to get our certificates. We got certificates!!!




And here are a lot of us doing the other thing we couldn't stop doing, other than sketching, which was looking at each other's sketch books!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are my favorite sketches :)

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

Wow! Thank you!

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...