November 11, 2014

Teaching

Last month I taught a sketchbook class at Flicker Street Studio. For some reason this class is harder for me than teaching painting. Paint does what it does, but sketching can be anything! My theory for painting goes like this: just paint. My theory for sketching is long and involved and includes all of the senses, and everything I've ever done and everyone I've ever known.

Okay, not really, but the first class does involve me doing a lot of talking about What Sketching Means to Me.




The second class is mostly me talking while we play with loads of sketching materials, and I tell them about all of the great sketchers I know of out there in the world and talk all about composition and depth and layers.





Class 3: sketch, sketch, sketch, sketch, sketch. And snacks!


No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...