September 21, 2014

Newfoundland - Day Four, Driving North

Oh my goodness, driving north from the Avalon Peninsula to the Road to the Beaches is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

We drove to the end of the Road to the Beaches, to Salvage, and stopped at a pub with a deck overlooking an incredible view.



Then we stopped at a little park and I did some sketching. The view of the water was too amazing to sketch, so I concentrated on these two interesting little structures in the park.



We drove to where we were staying for the night, the cutest little bed and breakfast, The Prints of Whales, run by the nicest people, who sent us to an unexpectedly lovely restaurant (Chucky's Seafood and Wild Game), where we had the best meal. Calamari, cod tongue, Newfoundland scallops, moose steak, all with a long, friendly conversation with the waiter, and a fantastic view.








No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...