September 25, 2014

Newfoundland - Day 7, Western Brook Pond

This pretty much sums up day 7. Adventure jacket, sketchbook, great big smile, on a boat, in a fjord.


Western Brook Pond is a little more than a pond. I'd like to tell you what all is going on there, but I was way too busy sketching to listen to our tour guides, Brad and Rebecca (click image for more detail). Just look at the pictures here and you'll see a little of what I'm talking about.




I could not stop sketching. The Hi-Tec-C Coleto multi-pen was the perfect instrument for sketching quickly on a boat - no pen top to lose, and I had more than one color right there to differentiate mountains and sky.


One thing I do know about these mountains is that they are part of the Appalachian Mountains!



After all of this sketching and looking, oohing and aahing, taking selfies and talking to other passengers, we took the little hike back to our car, then back to Rocky Harbour for moose burgers and moose pizza and another grand nap.

We ended the day having a lovely visit with Pauline, learning more about Newfoundland.






No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...