May 06, 2013

Memphis Monday: Dixon Gallery and Gardens

An entire month ago the Memphis Urban Sketchers went to the Dixon Gallery and Gardens to sketch. What a glorious day it was! We ran into the Colored Pencil Society there and had a rumble. We talked, we compared art supplies, we sketched.

This first one was my warm up, which I sketched while a young couple with a baby was having their family portrait made nearby. The baby wouldn't cooperate, so this is what I heard the whole time I was making this sketch: "Kenny! Kenny! Look over here! Over here! Kenny! KennyKennyKennyKenny!" So... it's not a very detailed sketch.

I had more quiet time for the other one.





No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...