July 13, 2017

Painterly Sketching Sketches

In my post yesterday I mentioned the Painterly Sketching workshop I taught at Flicker Street Studio last month. These are some sketches I did in preparation for it. I really enjoy this concept, because the color you put down initially doesn't have to be neat or exact. It's there as a guide to build on.




After the workshop I went to Casablanca to pick up dinner (after a big nap, that is), and while waiting for my order I practiced what I preached. I started with colored pencils to block out the shapes, then added the people and the details. I like that this works for quick sketches as well as longer sketches.


No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...