January 03, 2012

Trees in Arkansas

This view is from the wooden bridge that connects the road and parking area with the cabin. I sat on the bridge and sketched the view up the creek to more big rocks in the distance.


I started to feel like I was developing a sketching vocabulary for the main elements of the landscape: vertical lines for trees and close vertical lines for trees in the distance; bits of texture for fallen leaves; horizontal lines for big rocks. I'd love to see how I might expand on that with more time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really loving all the sketches from Arkansas! Wow :) I agree about sketching a lot in 2012!

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

Thanks! I want to go back. Like, right now!

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...