As a big thank-you to all of my readers for visiting, I'm giving away this tiny painting!
To enter, just leave a comment on this post by midnight, CST on Sunday, October 2nd. Let me know where you are in the world, and I'll pick a winner at the beginning of next week!
Thank you for visiting!
Edit 10/3/11: Lauren Bowman is the winner! Thanks so much for visiting!
September 28, 2011
September 27, 2011
September 26, 2011
September 24, 2011
September 09, 2011
September 07, 2011
September 06, 2011
I've switched back to a small sketchbook (a 3.5 x 5.5 moleskine) mostly for the sake of my shoulders. When I carry a bigger sketchbook I carry a bigger purse and everything I own ends up in it, and therefore hanging from my shoulder. Smaller sketchbook = smaller purse. Somehow the small sketchbooks end up with more writing in them.
September 05, 2011
September 04, 2011
September 03, 2011
September 02, 2011
- Saturday, September 3rd, 8 AM (more like 9 AM) - 1 PM: (That's tomorrow morning!) I'll be sketching with Memphis Urban Sketchers at the Dixon Gallery and Gardens. First in the gardens, then in the gallery. Should be awesome!
- Friday, September 9th, 6 - 9 PM: My new show, Go Change, at Flicker Street Studio. Have I mentioned I'm having a show? Please stop by the opening and see the new work, I'm really excited about it.
- Tuesday, September 13th, 6 - 9 PM: Interactive Critique at Flicker Street Studio. $10 per session, these sessions are for artists to get feedback on their work in progress and engage in discourse with other working artists. No instructor, but I'll be facilitating to help with the flow. Call Flicker Street Studio to book your spot 901-767-2999. (Two additional sessions October 11th, November 8th, facilitated by other FSS teachers)
- Thursday, September 15th, 5 - 7 PM: Some of my work will be in the Cooper Young Invitational Exhibit at David Perry Smith Gallery. The show will also be up during the Cooper Young Festival, Saturday, September 17th.
- Saturday, October 1st: With Memphis Urban Sketchers, most likely at (and in!) the Sears Crosstown Tower! Fun! More details to come.
- Friday, October 7th: Opening event for Fragments at Harrington Brown Gallery, works by artists and poets, paired together for inspiration.
- Thursdays, November 3rd, 10th, 17th, 6 - 9 PM: Teaching at Flicker Street Studio - The Sketchbook. Conquer your fear of the blank page!
- Saturday, November 5th, 11 AM - 2 PM: With Memphis Urban Sketchers at India Fest! At the Agricenter.
- Saturday, December 3rd: Memphis Urban Sketchers, location to be determined
- Saturday, December 10th, 10 AM - 2 PM: Teaching a workshop at Flicker Street Studio - Exploring the Landscape, about drawing from direct observation.
- Whenever: I have some work at Harrington Brown Gallery that you can see any time.