December 14, 2011

Gift Guide for Sketchers

Here are a few ideas for gifts for the sketcher in your life! Or for yourself!

















(clockwise from top left)
1. A clever band by Clever Hands on Etsy
2. Pencils! Stick with the B's over the H's for good darks. Here's my favorite brand; I recommend 4B.
3. I love Moleskine sketchbooks, and they now have really big ones: 8 x 11 and 11 x 16! Any size will do.
4. Head over to JetPens.com and get a nice set of pens.




















5. You'll need a place to store all of your new pens and pencils, so while you're at JetPens.com, make sure to get a pencil case. It doesn't have to be orange.


























(clockwise from top left)
6. If you feel like splurging, get a fancy bag to make it easier to carry all of the sketchbooks, pens, pencils, and orange pencil cases. This one is handmade by Moop on Etsy.
7. Wouldn't it be nice to sketch in comfort! An easy-to-tote camping stool is a good choice for the sketcher who likes to spend some time in one place.
8. Every sketcher should have a scanner. Might as well have one that is also a color printer! This Canon PIXMA MG8120 was reviewed well and looks pretty cool.
9. Brush up on your art skills or learn some new ones! Sign up for a class or give a gift certificate to Flicker Street Studio!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm posting a wish list today too :) I love your pen case. I think it will make it on my wish list :) I've been thinking about sewing one, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...