March 27, 2011

Spain Trip 2010: 1

A year ago yesterday Toby and I flew to Atlanta, met up with family members Aldo, Patricia, Amy and little Aldo and flew to Madrid. For the next week or more I will be posting my sketches from that trip.

This is the first sketch I did on March 27, 2010, in Robledillo de la Jara where Patricia's mother, Angeles, lives. It is a light and timid sketch; I think the jetlag made me feel like I'd never drawn before. At the bottom and on the 2nd sketch you can see very faint sketches of people. They were in a band having practice in the community center across the street from our rental house. We wandered in and watched them a bit.


























I'm not sure where this gate was. I thought it was one we passed on our way back to Angeles' house. That gate, in the picture below, was made out of rebar, but was really beautiful.




















Rebar gate

No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...