This has been quite a month. Here's what I did in March:
• I started the month literally at 4:00 AM March 1st on a skype call with the rest of the Urban Sketchers Executive Board, who were all in Azores where I was also supposed to be, except that two days earlier Delta could not get me from Memphis to Atlanta (to get to Boston, to get to the Azores).
• Paid for a new roof.
• Wrote a grant to the Singapore Tourism Development board for the Symposium.
• Spent the last few minutes of my grandmother's life with her.
• Spent four days surrounded by the people I love the most, and said goodbye to my grandmother.
• Spent four days in New York with our niece.
• Worked with a great team to start the Symposium registration process.
• Planned out a whole new class, Fast Sketching with Ink and Watercolor, that starts next week at Flicker Street Studio, and then I'll repeat it in May.
• Did my late grandmother's taxes.
• Prepped paintings to install at Memphis Made Brewing Company for the Cooper Young Art Tour this Friday night, April 3 from 6 to 9. Come out and buy me a drink - I deserve it!
Here are some more sketches from my non-trip to the Azores: