April 05, 2011

Spain Trip 2010: 10

On April 5, 2010, we sadly left Spain. But the day before, which happened to be Easter, Toby and I went to a bullfight. It was an incredible experience, and one of the highlights of our trip.

In order to keep myself objective (though I'll admit to rooting for the bulls) I drew everything the entire time I was there, including the bulls in various stages during all 6 bullfights. I'm only posting 2 here because, well, you get the idea.





















































What really made the experience special was the man on the left of this photograph. We called him "The Ambassador of Bullfights." He came over to us to greet us and ask us where we were from (I said "Estados Unidos" and he said "Yankees!" My response: "Nu-uh!"). He offered us little bites of chorizo he had brought with him, as well as gulps of sweet vermouth from his Spanish wine bota bag. He really made the day unforgettable.





















The end.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And "nu-uh" is Spanish for ... ?

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

...for "Dude, I'm Southern!"

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...